Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Greetings Fellow Entrepreneurs!

Welcome to The Journey: Working From Home blog. Im glad you made it! I want to tell you a little about what this blog is all about, and who I am.

First I want to mention that I am a normal, average american woman with a family to support. I am married to a wonderful man and we have three beautiful children together. Our lives changed drastically in one incredibly painful year. Yes painful, not amazing, wow now I work at home and have this giant house and a porsche. Do you think those people would take thier time to appear on a "work from home" commercial if they could be on the beach of some multi-million dollar resort? If it is true by some slim chance then more power to them, but I doubt it.

In one year we went from two steady decent paying jobs to disaster. It all started when my husbands medical condition worsened to the point where he had no control over it, and he was forced to quit his job of 6+ years, or be fired within the week for leaving work due to illness. Let me tell ya.. big buisiness does not give a damn about you, or your family, you are replaceable for less wages.

Then my job at a mortgage company I was working for the last 4 years went sour. If you know about the economy, you will know what I am talking about. Intrest rates went sky high, and people fooled into adjustable rates when they needed fixed, were now unable to pay thier high intrest.

We were in a financial and emotional fix. Luckily I had been working on some ideas for a while about how to make money from home. I have a few things going, and I do not like to pay for services to make money unless they are carefully researched first, and even then I am weary.

My goal with this blog is to share my experiences with you. I will share with you what is working for me and what has not worked. Plus I am always researching tips and tricks on how to be more sucessful at what I do. I hope that you will offer me feedback in return on things you have tried, and build up a reputable place for those serious about working from home for a living.

More to come soon!

No comments: