Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Exploring Zlio

On my search for the holy grail of self generating income methods I stumbled across a unique service called Zlio.

Zlio boasts an easy 5 minute setup. They say all you have to to is set it up and they take care of the rest. The only work to do would be to promote it.

This is a pretty exciting find because it is a free service which can be customised to your own needs. I thought I would try it out and see how it does, the price is right. ;)

My First Try - http://alleycatelectronics.zlio.net/

It really is a fast sign up process with plenty of custom templates and the ability to run more than one store at once, perfect for themes you are intrested in.

They allow add ons like Google Adsense, which is a program that pays you commissions on click throughs from visitors to your site.

As for the five minute promise, its true for the sign up, but not the set-up. That can take a while to do. I spent about four hours before I had it just right, and there is still more to learn.

You can earn money several ways with this site:

- On items you purchase yourself.
- On items others purchase from you
- By setting up commision for click-throughs
- Through referrals
- Google Adsense

The good thing is the products are all name brands from known stores like Buy.com, Barnes & Noble, Adidas, Best Buy, Sony, Tiger Direct, and many more. Each store has a percentage based commission on sales up to 20%.

They have several tools to help you with promoting your store:

- Submit your store to thier directory
- Shoproll: which shares traffic between stores
- Sitemap tool
- Domain name option
- The ZlioZone widget: to add products to another site
- Meta Tags
- Statistics
- Community
- Tips on Promotion

Theres a lot to this and it is brand new, so I will keep you updated on my progress with it. Overall it is solid, and has potential to generate a nice amount of extra cash. If nothing else this is a great way to earn some money back on things you probably buy anyway!

Intrested? Sign up with me and let me know when you do. I will place you in my shop roll. Use this link:

SIGN UP HERE

No comments: